Parish Council meeting
Shobnall Parish Council
c/o 32 Hillcrest Rise, Burntwood WS7 4SH
Mobile: 07521 022738
Our Ref: MD 13 December 2021
To: All Members of the Parish Council
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of the Parish Council to be held at Brook House, 18 Shobnall Road, Burton on Trent DE14 2BA on Monday 20 December 2021 commencing at 7.00pm at which the business set out below will be transacted.
Mary Danby, Parish Clerk
§ If you have had any of the main three symptoms of Coronavirus (high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) in the previous 14 days please do not come to the meeting.
§ Unless you are exempt. you are recommended to wear a mask on arrival until you are seated. You are recommended to wear a mask when leaving your seat.
§ Sanitise your hands before entering the meeting room.
§ The Clerk will also record attendance for track and trace purposes, signing in is therefore not necessary.
§ Maintain social distancing at all times.
A maximum of 15 minutes will be allocated prior to the commencement of the meeting when members of the public may put questions/comments on any matter in relation to which the Parish Council has powers or duties which affect the area.
- To receive apologies
- To receive Declarations of Interest
- To receive written applications for dispensations under the Localism Act 2011
- To receive updates to Councillors’ Register of Interest forms
- To consider the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 15 November 2021
- To consider matters arising from the previous meeting
- To receive reports from the Borough Councillors
- To receive a report from the County Councillor
- Financial matters
- Actual Income and Expenditure to 30 November 2021 and draft 2022/23 budget
- Shobnall Parish Council website
- To consider planning matters
- ESBC: Consultation on Removal of Permitted Development Rights from C3 (Dwelling House) to C4 (Small House of Multiple Occupation) in Burton on Trent
- To receive questions from Councillors
- Correspondence and Circulars
- Items for next meeting
Date of next meeting: 17 January 2022 commencing at 7pm at Brook House, 18 Shobnall Road.
Minutes of a meeting of Shobnall Parish Council held at Brook House, Shobnall Road on Monday 20 December 2021 commencing at 7pm
Councillor Shilton (in the Chair)
Councillors Dennis (Minutes), Dittmer and Donlon
No members of the public were present.
Councillors Asghar and Hoare; Mary Danby, Clerk.
- Declarations of Interest
- Written applications for dispensations under the Localism Act 2011
- Update to Councillors’ Register of Interest
The Police report had been circulated to all Councillors prior to the meeting.
Resolved That the Minutes of the meeting held on 15 November 2021 be approved as an accurate record.
- Matters arising from the previous meeting
Noticeboards (Minute No. 97 refers)
Meeting confirmed that the noticeboards needed replacement as the current ones:
- Are not weatherproof, and rain has caused the lining board inside to come away from the backboard which means that notices are ruined by the rain.
- The locks do not stay in place, which meant that the noticeboard at the BACT Centre had to be removed for health and safety reasons as the door would not stay closed.
- The doors have to be prised open, particularly in the winter months.
- Borough Councillors’ reports
Reports were not available as Councillors McKiernan and Walker were not present at the meeting.
- County Councillor’s report
A report was not available as Councillor Afsar was not present at the meeting. The meeting noted the importance of regular updates and agreed to ask for a brief summary to be provided at meetings when Councillor Afsar is unavailable to attend.
- Financial matters
133.1 Schedule of payments
|Salary & Expenses
|Staffordshire County Council
|Website services 2021/22
Resolved That the above payments be approved.
133.2 Bank reconciliation as at 30 November 2021
|Business Money Manager Account
Resolved That the above was a true record.
133.3 Earmarked Reserves (EMRs)
|Bus shelter project
|Parish boundary signs
|Replacement IT equipment
Resolved That the information be noted.
- Actual income and expenditure to 30 November 2021 and draft 2022/23 budget
Resolved That the report be noted and that councillors bring potential projects for consideration for discussion at the next meeting. It was noted that the council will be asked to declare the 2022/23 precept on ESBC at the January 2022 meeting.
There had been 38 visits to the website in the 30 days to 13 December 2021.
- Planning matters
136.1 Planning applications
|103 Shobnall Road
|Demolition of existing conservatory and utility to facilitate the erection of a single storey rear extension
|Demolition of ancillary buildings attached to Bay 1 and Bay 2, replacement cladding to Bay 1 and Bay 2, relocation of air handling unit, erection of a two storey building (Bay 3) as an assembly building and Welfare extension to the rear side of the building
|Application under Section 73 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 to vary Condition 2 attached to the planning permission PA/06527/018 in relation to the erection of a detached building to form ancillary garden centre to allow the sale of food and drink goods for consumption off the premises up to a maximum of 250 sq. metres
|73 Bridgewater Road
|Erection of a single storey rear extension
|Pollarding of 6 London Plane trees back to previous pollard points, cut back from telephone wires, crown lift on roadside to give a 5 metre clearance and associated works to include balancing the trees and to remove any deadwood and crossing branches (TPO 366)
136.2 Planning decisions
Resolved That the report be noted.
137. ESBC: Consultation on Removal of Permitted Development Rights
The meeting agreed that this was a positive move and will write to support the Removal of Permitted Development Rights from C3 to C4.
- Councillors’ questions
138.1 Councillors Donlon and Shilton had attended the meeting at Unity Park. ESBC Councillor McKiernan was also in attendance. Meeting organisers are to contact residents and organise another meeting to give feedback.
138.2 Councillor Donlon gave feedback on a suggestion from the ESBC Parish Councils Forum that she recently attended virtually:
- Easier access to bags for dog waste and the availability and proximity of dog waste bins.
- QR codes on noticeboards: The meeting could benefit from knowing more on this topic.
138.3 Councillor Shilton requested thoughts on worthwhile items for community projects to be brought to the next meeting as the precept and budget will have to be agreed.
- Correspondence and circulars
The SPCA’s weekly Bulletins had been circulated to all Councillors.
139.2 Highway England
The A38 Traffic Management Bulletins had been circulated to all Councillors.
Date of next meeting
Monday 17 January 2022 at 7pm at Brook House, 18 Shobnall Road.
The Meeting closed at 8.00pm