Parish Council meeting
Shobnall Parish Council will be meeting at Brook House, 18 Shobnall Road on 17th January at 7pm.
Shobnall Parish Council
c/o 32 Hillcrest Rise, Burntwood WS7 4SH
Mobile: 07521 022738
Our Ref: MD 10 January 2022
To: All Members of the Parish Council
You are hereby summoned to attend a Meeting of the Parish Council to be held at Brook House, 18 Shobnall Road, Burton on Trent DE14 2BA on Monday 17 January 2022 commencing at 7.00pm at which the business set out below will be transacted.
Mary Danby, Parish Clerk
§ If you have had any of the main three symptoms of Coronavirus (high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) in the previous 14 days please do not come to the meeting.
§ You are recommended to wear a mask on arrival until you are seated. You are recommended to wear a mask when leaving your seat.
§ Sanitise your hands before entering the meeting room.
§ The Clerk will also record attendance for track and trace purposes, signing in is therefore not necessary.
§ Maintain social distancing at all times.
A maximum of 15 minutes will be allocated prior to the commencement of the meeting when members of the public may put questions/comments on any matter in relation to which the Parish Council has powers or duties which affect the area.
- Burton Towns Fund: Project G – Trent and Mersey Canal Towpath Improvements
- To receive apologies
- To receive Declarations of Interest and written applications for dispensations under the Localism Act 2011
- To receive updates to Councillors’ Register of Interest forms
- To consider the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 20 December 2021
- To consider matters arising from the previous meeting
- To receive reports from the Borough Councillors
- To receive a report from the County Councillor
- Financial matters
- Actual Income and Expenditure to 31 December 2021 and draft 2022/23 budget
- 2022/23 Precept
- Shobnall Parish Council website
- To consider planning matters
- Staffordshire County Council: Temporary Prohibition of Traffic – Waterloo Street
- To receive questions from Councillors
- Correspondence and Circulars
- Items for next meeting
Date of next meeting: Monday 21 February 2022 commencing at 7pm at Brook House, 18 Shobnall Road, Burton upon Trent DE14 2BA.
Minutes of a meeting of Shobnall Parish Council
held at Brook House, Shobnall Road
on Monday 17 January 2022 commencing at 7pm
Councillor Dennis (in the Chair)
Councillors Dittmer, Donlon, Hoare and Shilton
ESBC Councillor McKiernan
Mary Danby, Clerk
No members of the public were present.
- Declarations of Interest and written applications for dispensations under the Localism Act 2011
- Update to Councillors’ Register of Interest
The Police report had been circulated to all Councillors prior to the meeting.
Resolved That the Minutes of the meeting held on 20 December 2021 be approved as an accurate record.
- Matters arising from the previous meeting
- Borough Councillors’ reports
Councillor McKiernan reported that:
- She had been trying to get something off the ground to improve Unity Park. A second site meeting had been held on 11 January which had been attended by representatives from ESBC, SPC and the Police. The Police reported that they were unaware of any ASB problems in the Park, and said that only the Parish Council was reporting that there were issues. Councillor McKiernan said that she would like to encourage Mothers to plant up planters on the site. She said that suggestions for possible improvements had been met with little enthusiasm due to lack of funding available for the Park. She said she would continue in her efforts to encourage the community to take an interest in the Park.
- The Mosque Committee elections, which had been delayed from July 2021, would be taking place in the near future.
- She had accepted an invitation to visit Lichfield Library which had been relocated from a bespoke building to a converted church in the city centre and which was seen to be an example of what might be achieved in moving Burton Library to the Market Hall. She noted that Lichfield District Council leased the building, they did not own it and she felt it did not compare with what was being proposed for Burton.
- She was collaborating with the community on raising awareness around diabetes. She said that a community event would be arranged for later in the year which would focus on health and wellbeing, not just diabetes.
Post meeting note
Councillor Walker had been unable to attend the meeting due to work commitments, but he had provided the following information:
- He had had to get involved with ongoing issues in Outwoods Street with the Care Home and residents in the street.
- He had been informed by County Councillor Afsar that more gully cleaning was going to be done in Shobnall, including Shobnall Street, Waterloo Street and Outwoods Street.
- County Councillor’s report
A report was unavailable as Councillor Afsar was not present at the meeting.
- Financial matters
148.1 Schedule of payments
|Clerk||BACS||938.38||36.65||Salary and expenses|
|HSBC Bank||DD||8.00||0.00||Bank charges|
|Girlguiding UK (Burton on Trent) HQ||BACS||76.50||0.00||Room hire @ Brook House (June – December 2021 inclusive)|
|Viking||BACS||70.08||11.68||Vacuum pump flask, stirrers, paper cups, stationery|
Resolved That the above payments be approved.
148.2 Bank reconciliation as at 31 December 2021
|HSBC Business Money Manager Account||30,137.87|
|Total Funds Available||91,370.56|
Resolved That the above was a true record.
148.3 Earmarked Reserves (EMRs)
|Bus shelter project||10,000.00|
|Parish boundary signs||5,000.00|
|Replacement IT equipment||5,000.00|
- The information be noted.
- Consideration be given in the 2022/23 financial year to installing vandal-proof seats on the path from Moor Street – Shobnall Road (running parallel to the former Imex Centre site), subject to permission being given by Staffordshire Highways.
- Actual income and expenditure to 31 December 2021 and draft 2022/23 budget
It was noted that the Precept as stated (see Minute No. 150 below) would not increase the Council Tax paid by residents paid in the current financial year.
Resolved That the report be noted and that the 2022/23 budget (attached – Annex 1) be approved.
- 2022/23 Precept
Resolved That a Precept of £35,409 be declared on ESBC.
There had been 25 visits to the website in the 30 days to 10 January 2022.
- Planning matters
152.1 Planning applications
|P/2021/01618||86 Derby Street||Erection of a single storey rear extension|
153. Staffordshire County Council: Temporary Prohibition of Traffic – Waterloo Street
Notification had been received stating that an Order will come into operation on 31 January 2022 to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding in that length of Waterloo Street from its junction with Byrkley Street to its junction with Dallow Street unless the vehicle is being used in connection with the works; or unless the vehicle requires access to premises on the length of road. Access for pedestrians will be available. Access to Waterloo Street will also be restricted from side streets with local diversions in place. The side streets are Edward Street, Albert Street and Casey Lane. It was anticipated that the works will be completed by 11 March 2022.
An alternative route for traffic will be available via A5121 Byrkley Street, A5121 Derby Street, Victoria Road, Dallow Street, Waterloo Street and vice versa via A5121 Borough Road and A5121 Waterloo Street.
Resolved That the information be noted.
154. ESBC: Public Space Protection Order 2022 Review
ESBC had advised that under the Anti-Social Behaviour (Crime and Policing) Act 2014, East Staffordshire Borough Council was required to review the Public Space Protection Orders every three years and they will be conducting a review in 2022. In the first instance they were asking for expressions of interest regarding the existing Orders, whether the existing ones should continue, any variations or for any new Orders to be considered. They will then arrange a formal consultation for applications to be submitted.
Resolved That ESBC be advised of the following comments:
Shobnall Parish Council is no longer responsible for The Link Park, Moor Street, Burton upon Trent – the County Council has leased it to Equal Support Opportunities, Voluntary Services Centre, Union Street, Burton Upon Trent.
Councillors asked if consideration could be given to creating a new Alcohol PSPO for the area around the Weighbridge Inn, Grain Warehouse Yard, off Derby Street, Burton upon Trent as there have been problems with people drinking alcohol in the street and the linked ASB.
- ESBC: Consultation on the renewal of Selective Licensing in Anglesey Ward
ESBC had advised that it is proposing to renew the Selective Licensing Scheme in the eastern part of Anglesey Ward. It was proposed that the renewal of the existing Licensing Scheme will start 12 September 2022 and last for 5 years.
- The consultation be noted.
- ESBC be asked for evidence of improvements to the standard of housing for tenants in the Shobnall Parish under the existing Licensing Scheme.
- Councillors’ questions
156.1 Councillor Shilton asked that the Police be requested to send a representative to Parish Council meetings whenever possible.
- Correspondence and circulars
The SPCA’s weekly Bulletins had been circulated to all Councillors.
157.2 Highway England
The A38 Traffic Management Bulletins had been circulated to all Councillors.
Date of next meeting
Monday 21 February 2022 at 7pm at Brook House, 18 Shobnall Road.
The Meeting closed at 8.30pm